Human machine has seven different functions, five ordinarily and two potential.
- four lower functions = centres = brains = minds, each has its own sphere of interest, range of speed of perception, observation, reaction.
- sex centre.
- potential connection with two higher centres (soul & spirit).
- is controlled by its own mind = brain = centre which develops independently.
- has its own sphere of interest, memory, associations, thinking.
- has a characteristic range of speeds of perception, observation, reaction.
- is a motive force and also a receiving apparatus.
- is a means or an instrument of knowledge.
- Structure, capacities, strengths, and defects of lower centres belong to essence.
- Contents of centres belong to personality (rolls, records, tapes, diskettes, RAM, ROM, flash, storage media).
- Positive and negative parts in most lower brains (exceptions: emotional, sex).
- Centres can work for each other: right work and wrong work.
To obtain a correct and permanent connection between the lower centres and the higher centres:
- Necessary to regulate lower centres to have right work.
- Necessary to quicken speed of working of lower centres.
Each human being born with a dominant brain:
- man number 1 = instinctive or moving man
- man number 2 = emotional man
- man number 3 = intellectual man
Balanced brains indicate man number 4 = balanced man (only possible normally as result of school work).
Ordinarily, lower brains work independently and accidentally, connected mostly by accidental associations. Intentionally, and later, consciously, can learn to work together with will and effort.
Physical body divided into three stories: upper, middle, lower.
Each centre occupies whole physical body, with localization (centre of gravity) in specific area.
- Instinctive centre and moving centre develop first; localization in spinal cord (lower story).
- Emotional centre develops next; localization in solar plexus in chest (middle story).
- Intellectual centre next to develop; localization in head (upper story).
- Sex centre develops last, is conditioned by other lower centres; localization in lower abdomen (lower story).
- Higher emotional centre and higher intellectual centre are potential only unless connection is developed with them and they are educated; localization in and around head and chest (upper story).
Subject of attention shows which centre is operating.
Each lower centre divided into three parts, degree of attention shows which part is operating.
- Mechanical part (instinctive-moving principles) = little or no attention, attention wandering or absent.
- Emotional part = attention without effort, attracted or repelled, held by subject.
- Intellectual part = attention controlled and held on subject with will and effort.
Important to remember that in observing different functions it is useful to observe at the same time their relation to different states of consciousness (first, second, third, and fourth states).
Functions can exist without consciousness, and consciousness can exist without functions.